Monday, January 29, 2007

Remember

Sitting here in my room looking at some old pictures of mine I can't help but thank the Lord for where I'm at today. I struggle day and night with different issues, and I may not have a lot of money, but I have a job, a place to come home to, and a warm bed to sleep in. I remember just a few months ago when it was snowing, the temperature was below zero, and I would be parked on an offramp wishing, if not praying, to be somewhere warm. I remember those lonely days and nights in the cold, hoping and praying that I would be able to make the next mile without sliding off the highway, looking forward to the day when I would be home. I see the weather across the country, the freezing temperatures, and I know what it's like out there. My prayers go out to those drivers out on the highways, stuck in the cold, alone, away from their families. I would pray day and night that the Lord would take me out of that life and bring me home, and He has done just that. We must not forget what the Lord has brought us out of, how His hand has always been upon us, protecting us and guiding us through the most troublesome of times. Life is not easy, and with Gods help and guidance, it's not hard either. May our Lord in Heaven bless you and guide you this day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your not driving anymore-- it's not that it's not a "good job", but I can see how stressful and draining it might have been. Emotionally, physically and spiritually. Praise God that your able to use your experiences for His Glory. ~beth
:)