Saturday, December 2, 2006

Don't lose sight...

"...let me recover my sight." Luke 10:53

Yesterday as I drove into Grand Rapids,MI I ran into a thick batch of falling snow. I wouldn't say it was a storm, but it was coming down pretty good. It seemed the further west I got the worse it got. I became angry and I guess you can say I doubted God because He didn't clear the roads all the way like I asked. The Lord gave me over 2,000 miles of clear weather and dry roads, and on the very last 100 miles I hit snowfall. I focused so much on the last 100 miles that I lost sight of what the Lord had done the previous days. I quickly forgot how He broke apart the clouds in Idaho, how He dried the roads in Wyoming, when He kept the temperature warm enough so I wouldn't hit the freezing rain in Indiana(I mean, yea 35 degrees really isn't warm, but it's above freezing). How easy it is to lose sight, how quickly we can forget the things the Lord has done for us. My friends, when you see a storm coming, remember how the Lord brought you through past storms, even removed them from your path completely sometimes. Don't lose sight of what God has done, or is doing in your lives right now. Trust in the Lord, and may your sight remain on Him.

No comments: